Every year we experience a shortage of gifts for the older children, ages 11-18, in our programs. Yet these children tend to experience more negative life events and have a greater stress exposure and fewer resources than low-income children of similar background whose families have housing.
While we know it is so much fun to buy toys for the little ones, we are seeking donations for older children this year. For our younger ones, Housing Families is working with local organizations like the Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, and Cradles to Crayons to be sure all families can have a special holiday. For our older children and teens, the greatest needs are:
* Gift Cards: Target, Walmart, Visa/Mastercard, Amazon, CVS, Kohl’s (any amount)
* Sports Equipment: basketballs, soccer balls, footballs, baseballs, and gloves
* Art Supplies: colored pencils, paint, brushes, and adult coloring books/sketch pads
* Journals: a blank journal or one with daily prompts
* Experience Passes: movies, museums (Aquarium/Science), trampoline parks, Boda Borg, LegoLand
* Personal Care: make-up, body wash, lotion, perfume, razors, and shaving gel
We request that all gifts are new & unwrapped, and delivered by end of the day on Friday, December 13. Thank you!
Housing Families Inc.
919 Eastern Avenue
Malden, MA 02148
Pick-ups by Housing Families depend on staff availability.
For more information contact: Carol Sardo at 781.322.9119 x124